Kevin VanDam Elite Triple Grip Treble
The One Million Dollar Treble Hook
By Kevin VanDam
World’s #1 Ranked Angler
6-Time Angler of the Year
“It’s tournament tested and proven deadly. In fact, the KVD Elite Triple Grip Treble helped me win more than $1,000,000 in one year. It’s THE HOOK I used to win the 2010 Bassmaster Classic. It’s the only treble on my crank baits and I encourage you to upgrade yours with this Ultimate Replacement Treble Hook.”
Read the report from the Bassmaster Classic®
“For the last year or so, I’ve been working with the Mustad Product Development Team to design a replacement treble hook that offers the right balance of hooking and holding power. All told, it’s meant countless hours on the water tinkering and testing different shapes and wire sizes to create a design that meets all my needs. I wish I would have had this hook sooner because I know it would have made the difference in several tournaments. It’s a must-have for improving the hook-ups on crank baits.”
Click here for product specs on Ref# TG76NP-BN
WHAT MAKES THIS HOOK BETTER
Precision, Power, & UltraPoint Technology
- Special KVD Shape: The specially engineered shape of the KVD Elite Series Triple Grip Treble Hook combines hooking capability with exceptional holding properties to set the standard for world class performance. Based upon our original Triple Grip series, the modified design of the “KVD” features a precise shape that almost “locks” a fish into the elbow of the bend, making it virtually impossible to throw the hook. The precise point alignment built into the “KVD” design provides for an optimal angle of point impact, which translates into increased power at hook set for optimum penetration. One important side benefit is that the angled shape makes this hook less prone to snagging on structure than round bend trebles.
- Short Shank: The 2X short shank eliminates hook tangling that can often occur on shorter bodied crank baits. It also allows anglers to use larger hooks, further increasing hooking potential. For example: Kevin’s personal recommendation is to replace stock Size 4 hooks with the KVD Size 2. The 2X short shank also means a shorter distance between the eye and the points of the hook, providing a more open throat for added clearance.
- 1 Extra Strong: Mustad’s extra strong wire provides additional power so you get minimal flex and better penetration at hook set. The added strength means you can lean back and get the big ones to the boat faster with less wear on the fish. A shorter, controlled fight also means you have less chance to lose that fish of a lifetime.
- Wider Gap: The new design has a modified, wider point angle than previous Triple Grip models which creates a wider gap than like sized round bend treble hooks.
- 4.3 Microsharp Point Technology: The point length is engineered to be 4.3 times the wire diameter of the hook which is the optimum ratio for maximum sharpness and strength. Ultra Point hooks are 20% sharper and designed to stay sharper longer.
KVD Explains Treble Features & Applications 2
New Hook Television Commercial